Blackhorse Lane - E8 SLIM TAPERED INDIGO 15.5OZ TURKISH RAW SELVEDGE MENS JEANS
The E8 is the most smart looking pair of jeans in our repertoire, and works equally well for dressed up and casual occasions. Premium engineered detailing and saturated Kanto Blue indigo for a smart, yet interesting appearance. Heavier weight and rigid at the start, but softening nicely over time and fading into a lovely deep blue.
- Higher rise, sits just above the hip bone
- Slim in the thigh and calf, but not super skinny (there’s no elastane here)
- Narrow opening works well with trainers and boots
- A great cut for slimmer physiques (less muscled thighs)
- Works just as nicely with a tucked in shirt and blazer, as a t-shirt and workwear jacket
- We finish inseams including 1″ shrinkage allowance for after washing.
- Wil is wearing a size 30 in our E8 jean. He is 168cm tall (5'6") and weight 70kg (154lbs). In comparison, he takes a size 29 in our E5.
- 100% made on Blackhorse Lane, London
Fabric and Trims:
- 15.5oz raw selvedge denim woven in Turkey by Isko Mills
- 100% cotton
- Artisan look caused by the shorter thicker slubs (akin to Japanese denim)
- The Kanto Blue indigo offers a inky saturated cast, with good contrast when worn in
- Chunky white selvedge line
- Sanforized (pre-shrunk) denim
- Pocket bags are made of 10oz cotton twill from Turkey
- BLA-branded nickel buttons and standard rivets produced by YKK
- Black-coloured English vegetable-tanned leather patches are cut and stamped by hand in our factory; in Essex and cutter made by local Steve
- Leather patches come from JT Batchelor Ltd in Hackney, sourced from Somerset UK and Belgium
- Black-coloured dual duty thread by Coats (polyester core with cotton outer)
- Locally screen printed pockets from Fifth Column, signed off by maker with style, size and mill
- Labels are woven in Wales by GB Labels
- Swing tags, rider tag and jeans sleeves (where applicable) are printed by our neighbour Lester, E17
E8 Construction Details:
- Heritage one-piece button fly for strength and tidiness
- Reinforced back pockets with additional 10oz cotton lining piece, for extra defence
- Inside seam is felled for super strength and durability
- Selvedge featured on the outside leg seam
- Outer leg seam is captured within the pocket bag for strength at the pressure point
- Tailoring innovation makes the inside of the jean more beautiful
- Heritage-style waistband construction makes the jean stronger
- Subtle hidden rivets in the back pocket corners for strength
- Belt loops sewn in to the waistband for strength
- Stress points are bar-tacked or riveted for durability
- Hidden coin/key pocket in the right-hand pocket bag
- “Made, By Us, For Life” pocket bag featuring our values
Size & Fit:
Fits true to size. Take your normal size.
- “Waist” size is one size larger than the “label” size, which is because these are a higher rise.
- Waist & Hip Stretching – Though pre-shrunk, raw denim stretches up to 2.5cm / 1" in the waist and hip over 30 wears. You may consider sizing down one size as a result.
- Hemming – Our jeans are manufactured at 32" length.
- Inseam Shrinkage – Though pre-shrunk, our jeans lose 2.5cm/1" in the length on the first wash. We therefore add 2.5cm /1" to whatever length you request.
- Denim Softening – Raw denim will feel rigid when first worn but will relax and soften over time. The denim will mould to your own body, fitting better with each wear.
Raw Denim Care: