Blackhorse Lane - NW1 RELAXED STRAIGHT INDIGO 14OZ TURKISH RAW SELVEDGE MENS JEANS
Based on a traditional 1950’s fit, the NW1 version has a higher waist, longer rise, button fly, and are roomier through the thigh with a straight leg. Wear them as you wish, cuffed, single cuff or Osaka style (at the shoe no break) their great standard fit lends itself to a chunkier sole shoe or softer suede upper. Constructed from sanforized (pre-shrunk) denim its selvedge characteristics will mould to the wearer with time and be the envy of every weekend wanderer. Hands up, we know, they are an investment but boy those fades will be worth it! We like to have all bases covered here too so thankfully they are available in one inch waist increment sizing. Is it me or are 29/33/35’’ waist sizes rare to come across? Wear them and love them!
Fabric and Trims:
- 14oz raw selvedge denim woven in Turkey by Isko Mills
- 100% cotton
- Red selvedge line
- Overall smooth and consistent appearance, with a soft handle from the get go
- Sanforized (pre-shrunk) denim
- Pocket bags are made of 10oz cotton twill from Turkey
- BLA-branded copper-plated nickel buttons and standard rivets produced by YKK
- Cognac-coloured English vegetable-tanned leather patches are cut and stamped by hand in our factory; plates made by Metallic elephant in Essex and cutter made by local Steve
- Leather patches come from JT Batchelor Ltd in Hackney, sourced from Somerset UK and Belgium
- Tobacco-coloured dual duty thread by Coats (polyester core with cotton outer)
- Locally screen printed pockets from Fifth Column, signed off by maker with style, size and mill
- Labels are woven in Wales by GB Labels
- Recycled denim swing tags are pressed by our neighbour Baddeley Brothers(compost them)
- The swing tag twine is hemp, so can be composted or reused
NW1 Construction Details:
- Heritage one-piece button fly for strength and tidiness
- Reinforced back pockets with additional 10oz cotton lining piece, for extra defence
- Inside seam is felled for super strength and durability
- Selvedge featured on the outside leg seam
- Outer leg seam is captured within the pocket bag for strength at the pressure point
- Tailoring innovation makes the inside of the jean more beautiful
- Heritage-style waistband construction makes the jean stronger
- Belt loops sewn in to the waistband for strength
- Stress points are bar-tacked or riveted for durability
- Hidden coin/key pocket in the right-hand pocket bag
Size & Fit:
Fits true to size. Take your normal size.
- “Waist” size is one size larger than the “label” size, which is because these are a higher rise.
- Waist & Hip Stretching – Though pre-shrunk, raw denim stretches up to 2.5cm / 1" in the waist and hip over 30 wears. You may consider sizing down one size as a result.
- Hemming – Our jeans are manufactured at 32" lengths. – Though pre-shrunk, our jeans lose 2.5cm/1" in the length on the first wash. We therefore add 2.5cm /1" to whatever length you request.
- Denim Softening – Raw denim will feel rigid when first worn but will relax and soften over time. The denim will mould to your own body, fitting better with each wear.
Raw Denim Care: